Have your ever wondered about the various types of spam messages that Google sends out through Webmaster Tools? Well, according to this new video by Matt Cutts there are hundreds of thousands of notifications that are sent out each month. Which for the most part, fall into the categories below. As an added bonus, we have also listed the percentage of messages that fall into each categories.
Here are the stats for Google spam messages and Webmaster Tools
– 90% of messages are for blackhat
– 4% of messages are because the content had little or no added value
– 3% of messages are related to hacking
– 2% are related to link buying
– 1% related to link selling