Snapchat just announced the launch of Snap Focus, a module-based training program for advertisers.
According to Snapchat, Snap Focus “will help advertisers and agencies master our platform and stay on top of everything Snapchat advertising has to offer.”
Let’s dive into what we know about the Snapchat Ads training program.
Six Areas of Snapchat Ads Training
When you login to Snap Focus, you’ll see six areas of training on the main dashboard:
- Intro to Snapchat – A bird’s-eye view of the platform. The module explains how people publish on Snapchat and how users watch content.
- The Snapchat Generation – A good primer on the demographics and interests of Snapchat users. Go through this module to identify people in your target market.
- Advertising on Snapchat – You might be tempted to skip directly to this section, but don’t do it. The module will show you how to get results and view analytics.
- Getting Started on Ads Manager – An overview of the differences between campaigns and ad sets. The module will explain how you create and publish ads on the platform.
- Creative Best Practices – An overview of collection ads, filters, and lenses.
- Measure and Optimize Campaigns – An in-depth guide to insights about the success of your ads.
Each of the modules includes visual examples and screenshots so you can easily follow along.
The courses are simple and user-friendly with each course giving an overview of Snapchat’s various elements including guides to walk you through them.
Benefits of the Snapchat Ads Training
If part of your target market includes young people, then you should probably take the time to go through the course.
Why? Because 90% of Snapchat’s 360 million monthly active users (MAUs) includes 13 to 24-year-olds. Also, 78% of all Internet users aged 18-24 are on Snapchat. Almost 70% of all teens say they use it.
Further, young people really like Snapchat. Almost three-quarters (71%) of Snapchat users aged 18 to 24 are on the platform multiple times per day and almost half of U.S. teens say their preferred social media platform is Snapchat.
You should especially consider advertising on Snapchat if your target market includes young women. The vast majority of Snapchat users (between 60% and 70%) are female.
And consider running ads on Snapchat if your target market includes college students as well. About 20% of U.S. college students use the platform.
Needless to say, the benefits here when considering Snapchat’s demographic, are GREAT.
You stand to benefit from the Snapchat Ads training program if you’d like to reach a younger audience. That’s especially the case if you’re brand, who’s new to Snapchat advertising.
Snap Focus and Lens Web Builder
While we’re on the subject of Snapchat advertising, it’s worth noting that Snapchat also launched a Lens Web Builder that’s geared towards advertisers. It gives you the ability to create a Snapchat Lens that people can use to create augmented reality content.
If you’re unfamiliar with augmented reality (AR) on Snapchat, it’s a technology that overlays computer-generated graphics on Snaps.
You can create a Lens by accessing the Lens Web Builder from your web browser. There, you’ll find hundreds of 3D objects that you can include in your own Lens.
Additionally, you can upload your own 2D assets for inclusion.
Snapchat says that more than 70 million people access Lenses every day. So it might be worth your while to take a look at the Snapchat ads training and learn how you can promote your brand by creating your own.
Wrapping It Up
Snapchat’s Snap Focus is a walk-through guide on how to run ads on the Snapchat platform. It’s worth your while to go through the free course if you’re trying to reach young Americans.
You should also think about how you can use the Lens Builder to boost brand-name awareness.