Here’s how Ignite Visibility helped a life and business coaching leader grow online from nearly every corner.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, much of our client’s market was in-person speaking events. With that channel turned off for the time being, virtual events and offerings took precedence. As we all know, this continued to ring true even in Q4 2020.
As an agency, we were tasked with the challenge of turning up organic search, paid conversions and virtual PR opportunities.
We aimed to help the company grow its organic website traffic, increase conversions, and expand reach through outreach and links.
We employed a plethora of strategies to help elevate our client through the end of 2020.
Our top efforts included:
- Content analysis mapping topics to keep products like UPW, DWD and Coaching
- Content refresh strategy focused on increasing traffic and maintaining top-performing pages
- Ongoing link building for a more robust backlink profile
- Technical audits and Core Web Vitals analyses to keep up with the changing search engine algorithmic landscape
- Updating outdated CTAs
- Using PR methodology to enhance content outreach (like podcasts) and unlinked mentions
- A/B testing to maximize conversion rate optimization efficiently
- Development of new ad copy for the Google account, including responsive search and non-brand expansion
- Expanded the brand’s LinkedIn presence and launched ads for CTV and podcasts
The Results of Our Efforts
In 2020, direct conversions accounted for 43.34% of conversions, followed by organic search at 22.67%, social networks at 11.35% and paid search at 9.83%. Other channels followed the pecking order.
Throughout 2020, Google Organic contributed the most site traffic for our client. This platform accounted for 42% of the website’s total site traffic, up 38% over the previous year.
Despite a few tribulations (namely the brief dip in traffic in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the new use of off-site unbounce pages to drive traffic to and a site-freeze lasting several months preventing us from posting new content), organic traffic in 2020 still outranked 2019.
Additionally, the year brought numerous jumps in stature:
- +44% increase in organic new users
- +39% increase in organic users
- +30% increase in session time
- +2,956 new page-one keyword rankings
- +519 page-two keyword rankings
Despite a decrease in traffic, in 2021 Facebook cost-per-click metrics saw a 28% increase in conversions. Meanwhile, Google CPC saw a 5.52% increase in conversions.
Thanks to a 212% increase in ad spend, we were able to help drive some serious paid media improvements:
- +254% increase in lead volume
- +12% improvement in cost-per-lead (CPL)
- +76% increase in return on ad spend (ROAS)
- +61% better click-through rate (CTR)
- +209% click volume
- +92% impressions
- +6,000 tracked sales
- +89% higher conversion rate
- +47% better cost-per-action (CPA)
We continued to help our client expand using outreach on podcasts, guest blogs, free tool offerings and more. We also drove expansion of the backlink and unlinked mentions profiles.
In 2020, we secured 117 placements from outreach and 115 placements from unlinked mentions.
This helped propel 533,600 inbound links and 30,400 ranking keywords.
Conversion Rate Optimization
We enhanced CRO using split testing. One control page performed 25% over the variation. By continuing testing like this, we will further prioritize CRO-focused copy and content.
Why It Worked
We injected a more robust strategy. This meant more ad spend and, ultimately, more impressive results.
We stayed in touch. Even without in-person events, we managed to stretch our client’s digital presence even further through consistent outreach and communication.