Your choice of words can be the make it or break it factor to producing a conversion for SEO. In this infographic, we take a look at words that you can use in your page titles, descriptions and headings. These terms can do a great deal to increase conversion rates and CTR!
10 Power Words in SEO that Tap Into Emotion
People are inspired to take action by the way it makes them feel. Using these SEO power words in H1s and throughout your copy will help to evoke emotion out of your users or customers and can help boost click-though-rates and conversions.
10 SEO Power Words that Encourage A Sense of Community
Most would agree that feeling a sense of community brings us a sense of belonging and happiness. As a business or brand, you want to give your customers the comfort of knowing that the connection they may have with you or your brand is not artificial and that there’s a community backing it. Try out some of these words to get you started.
3. Become part of
As a bonus, check out and share our infographic: 15 Power Words in SEO
Discover 15 of the Most Powerful Words in Marketing and SEO – An infographic by the team at Powerful Words in Marketing and SEO
Embed Discover 15 of the Most Powerful Words in Marketing and SEO on Your Site: Copy and Paste the Code Below
Top 5 Persuasive Words
There are 5 words in the English language that are proven to be the most persuasive for conversions as outlined in a study by CopyBlogger.
1. Free– Holds the potential to generate as much as 73 percent more conversions because everyone loves free stuff.
2. You– Shown to be just as effective as calling someone by name in generating a response according to a study by Yale.
3. Because– Holds the ability to produce 94 percent higher results because it encourages a person‘s willingness to take action.
4. Instantly– MRI studies have proven effective because no one likes delayed gratification.
5. New– When combined with highly recognized brands, the brain’s reward center is activated to keep customers alert and engaged.
Best Words for Shareable Content
When specific words are grouped together, they increase shareable content on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
1. Secret– Powerful word to let customers feel as though they are revealing a great mystery.
2. Increase– Leads to more conversions by prompting readers to fulfill their desire for bigger and better.
3. Discover– Causes readers to believe they are finding something new and unknown that holds amazing benefits.
4. Create– Inspires readers to do more and encourages them to share their new-found creative discovery with others.
5. Promote– Proven to trigger an actionable response, especially on social media.
Call-to-Action SEO Power Words
A great call-to-action involves the fear of missing out. Certain words convince readers that something is scarce or in limited supply to drive action.
1. Limited Offer– Drives home the point that an offer may not be available if they wait to take advantage of a great deal.
2. Today Only– Readers love bargains and will jump on the opportunity.
3. Now– Perfect for email subject lines, headlines, and calls-to-action to produce instant conversions.
4. Hurry– Implies the importance of haste to take advantage of a great offer. Combine with other actionable words to harness more power.
5. Exclusive– Makes readers feel as though they are benefiting from a special deal with limited access.
10 Power Words to Earn Trust
If you’re looking to earn trust here are 10 power words which will help you to accomplish that.
1. According to
7. Fully refundable
Earning Trust with Power Marketing Words
There are certain words that are known to cause a reader to lose trust, which include adverbs and adjectives. Noted as the worst elements of speech for loss of trust, it’s best to avoid them. In addition, the fewer words you use, the more trust you’ll gain.
To encourage more conversions, use fixed-action patterns and influence triggers to generate a response. People have become more blatantly aware of manipulative selling and advertising lingo. Although human triggers are rather complex, you’re still able to manipulate human behavior by varying the influential triggers to generate more “yes” responses.