Whether you’re familiar with RewardStyle and Like to Know it or not, it’s time to pay attention.
The platforms have the power to transform your online presence (and sales), and below I’ll walk you through exactly what they are, how they work, and why you need them.
First, a Little Background on RewardStyle
RewardStyle is a business that connects influencers with select retailers.
The middle-man, if you will.
It’s invitation-only and targets primarily beauty, fashion, and retailer bloggers. RewardStyle forms relationships with retailers, then invites bloggers with the right social following to promote the brands through affiliate links.
Using it, bloggers make a commission (usually 5-15%) from items sold through their affiliate link.
Buyers, of course, pay the usual amount. There’s no added cost for using your favorite influencer’s link. Influencers and bloggers can’t see who purchased what using the link, only how many ultimately clicked on their link and the resulting commission.
RewardStyle currently works 11,000 hand-selected influencers in 80+ countries.
RewardStyle For Brands
RewardStyle currently works with 1 million global brands. To work with RewardStyle, brands have to go through a pretty straightforward application process before they’re accepted and connected to influencers.
RewardStyle touts itself as “an invitation-only, influencer content marketing channel for global brands. As their end-to-end business and technology consultant, rewardStyle maintains unique high-trust relationships with influencers, which allows for maximum economic success.”
Its model seems to be working, with over $1.6 in sales to retail partners since 2011, and an annual growth rate of 78%.
Working with rewardStyle costs a flat fee, and they manage the campaign at every stage, from initial connection with an influencer to campaign execution.
Throughout the campaign, brands will have access to detailed analytics and reports to show the retail impact and branding influence.
It also provides brands access to the exclusive Like to Know it platform.
What is Like to Know it?
Here’s what you need to know: Like to Know it is a social based shopping service that allows users to purchase whatever it is their favorite influencer is wearing or using in a given post.
You’ll recognize a Like to Know it post by a small white heart in the right bottom corner of the image and Like to Know it URL in the caption.
Those icons signal that particular post is enabled through Like to Know it, meaning that you can easily see where everything featured in the post comes from.
For example, if you follow a fashion influencer and love the jeans they’re wearing, you can get information on who makes the jeans and where you can get a pair of your own.
RewardStyle and Like to Know it – How Does it Works
Like to Know it used to be web-based, but now works best through the app.
For users, the process works like this:
Step 1: download the LIKEtoKNOW.it app from your app store.
Step 2: take screenshots on Instagram, Pinterest, or Snapchat of influencer posts you like with the heart icon in the bottom
Step 3: go back to the app, where you’ll find your photos have instantly uploaded with little photos of the items included in the post
Step 4: click on one of the items to view the page URL of the store it’s from
You can also use the platform by simply opening the app and searching for bloggers or influencers through the search bar. This will take you to their individual page where you can view all Like to Know it enables posts by that particular blogger.
The benefit here – for both brands and shoppers – is the ease of use.
Shoppers no longer have hunt down their favorite outfits; they’re connected almost instantly to a page where they can purchase the items they like.
For brands, it delivers prospects straight to the end of their sales funnel. It delivers brand awareness, generates interest and engagement, and in the best cases, a sale. And it’s also as easy as signing up with RewardStyle.
But let’s take a deeper look to uncover whether RewardStyle and Like to Know it are right for your brand.
Why Retailers Should Consider RewardStyle and Like to Know it
If you’re a retailer or e-commerce platform, don’t take Like to Know it lightly. Since its introduction, Like to Know it has:
- $210 million in sales to retail partners
- 2.3 million+ followers on @LIKEtoKNOW.it
- 1,000+ original pieces of content published daily
- 20 million emails delivered monthly
While those are impressive numbers, keep in mind that both of these platforms work specifically with certain industries. Consider them only if your work falls into the following categories:
- Family travel
Also, keep in mind your target audience; 75% of RewardStyle consumers are between the ages of 18-35.
If those industries and audience fit the bill, you should give RewardStyle and Like to Know it serious consideration.
Why? Because it connects you directly with influencers.
Influencer Marketing Rundown
By definition, influencer marketing is “a form of marketing in which focus is placed on influential people rather than the target market as a whole. It identifies the individuals that have influence over potential buyers, and orients marketing activities around these influencers.”
It’s so effective because it mimics word-of-mouth recommendation from trusted friends or sources, and has proven time and again to be one of the most effective ways to market:
- 74% of people turn to social networks for guidance on purchase decisions.
- 49% of people say they rely on recommendations from influencers when making purchase decisions.
- 40% of people say they’ve purchased an item online after seeing it used by an influencer on Instagram, Twitter, Vine, or YouTube.
The impact isn’t lost on businesses, and in the past two years “influencer marketing” as a search term on Google Trends has risen by 400%.
While influencers come in many forms – industry experts, celebrities, journalists, etc. – one group, in particular, has emerged as particular in demand: the lifestyle expert.
According to a recent Forbes survey of 200+ brand marketers, “almost half (48%) said that a “Lifestyle Expert” is currently the type of influencer most in demand for brand and celebrity partnerships.”
Why the lifestyle expert specifically? Forbes attributes it to a number of reasons:
- Relatability – because lifestyle experts are real people, not celebrities, they possess two of the most sought-after qualities in the industry: trustworthiness and relatability. They’re opinions and recommendations are viewed as more genuine and more likely to resonate with their audience
- They know their audience – this particular form of influencer has built a following from scratch, without the added benefit of name recognition. Doing so makes them very aware of their audience – what they like, what they don’t, what content resonates with them, etc. – which increases their authenticity.
- Quality content – In order to gain such a high follower rate, lifestyle experts have mastered the content in their particular niche, so anything they post is something that will have a high importance to their audience. Any branded content they post will, therefore, be seen as highly relevant
- ROI – this type of influencer tends to cost less, making them ideal for brand partnerships
I mention all this because lifestyle experts are exactly who RewardStyle partners with.
Usually, forming influencer relationships takes time and plenty of trial and error. Not only does a brand have to identify the most relevant influencers in their space, but reach out to them with irresistible offers to collaborate.
Naturally, this process is much easier said than done. But using RewardStyle, that side of the process is covered.
Remember – the platform’s your middleman. All you have to do is supply the best product possible.
Who Should Consider Using RewardStyle and Like to Know it?
While RewardStyle and Like to Know it are ideal for retailers, they may not be the best platforms for everyone.
Keep in mind, it’s entirely lifestyle-focused, and will perform best in conjunction with brands that sell lifestyle products like fashion, home furnishings, beauty, etc.
Also, the platform is powered heavily by Instagram users. It’s imperative (as always) to have a fully-formed marketing strategy that outlines the channels your customers are most likely to use.
If you find that your target audience isn’t as active on Instagram, RewardStyle likely won’t generate the same returns.
However, it is ideal for many smaller brands who don’t generate as much business on name recognition. Using RewardStyle and Like to Know it allows some smaller retailers to compete head-to-head with larger labels on social media, and connect them to influencers who may not otherwise interact with your brand.
Before you make the decision, ask yourself the following:
- Does your product fall into the above-mentioned lifestyle categories (fashion, beauty, fitness, home, travel?)
- Is your target audience between 18-35?
- Does your target audience use Instagram and social media regularly?
If the answer’s yes, then RewardStyle and Like to Know it are likely for you.
Like to Know It and RewardStyle FAQ:
1. How Do I Become a Like to Know It Influencer?
Before you can become a Like to Know It influencer you must first become… an influencer.
In other words, you have to generate a significant following on social media. If you’re not at that point yet, then get busy.
Beyond that, though, you need to have a following that’s interested in one or more of the brands that use RewardStyle.
Also: RewardStyle won’t allow just anybody to participate in its program. Influencers have to demonstrate that they’re posting quality content.
Once you’ve made it past the screening process, you can start earning a commission by promoting RewardStyle brands on social media.
2. Which Brands Pay Commission Via Like to Know It?
There are several brands participating in the RewardStyle program. They span a variety of industries.
Here are a few of them:
- West Elm
- Laura Mercier
- Crate & Barrel
- Joe Fresh
- Starwood Hotels
- Kate Spade
There’s a misconception that Like to Know It is only designed for people in the fashion space. As you can see from the list above, there are brands representing other industries that rely on the influencer marketing program as well.
3. Why Don’t I Receive a Notification When I Screenshot a Like to Know It Image?
There are a couple of reasons why that might be happening:
- You didn’t give Like to Know It permission to send you push notifications. Just go to settings on your mobile device, select Notifications, and then choose the Like to Know It app. Turn on “Allow Notifications.”
- You only get notifications when the Like to Know It app is running. If it’s closed, it can’t detect when you take a screenshot and therefore it can’t send you a notification. Just tap the app icon to open it.
Wrapping Up RewardStyle and Like to Know it
Standing out on social media is no easy task.
But using the platforms above will streamline the process and lead customers directly to your (virtual) door.
If you operate in the retail or e-commerce space, RewardStyle and Like to Know it are certainly worth a look, and quite possibly, a sale.