Ready to learn how to create Google Plus Post Ads! Check out our Guide to Google Plus Post Ads Below!
The following guide outlines how to engage more people with your content, including clickable links back to your website, by creating a Google+ ‘Plus Post Ad’ within Google AdWords. In order to create a ‘Plus Post Ad’, you’ll first need to have a Google AdWords account, create a Google+ profile and have over 1000 followers in your circles.
Steps to Creating Google Plus Post Ads
- Create a new campaign. Click on the red campaign button and select ‘Display network only’.
- Choose a name for the campaign. Enter the name into the box provided, ensure that ‘Display Network only’ is selected and then choose ‘Engagement’ from the list of features.
- Select a country and a bidding strategy. Choose the country or locations you wish to target or exclude for your ad. Then select the type of bidding strategy you would like for your campaign.
- Set a budget for the campaign. Enter the amount of money you wish to spend each day.
- Choose from the optional advanced settings. You can choose to include relevant business information with your ads, such as location and phone number for local targeting. The advanced settings also allow you to schedule start and end dates, timing, and ad delivery methods, including rotation and frequency capping.
- Create an ad group. Choose a name for the group, select a default bid and select how you wish to target your ads, i.e. keywords, interests and remarketing.
- Choose the type of ad format you want. Select from a variety of options, which include interactive engagement ads, and different layout templates.
- Select the Google+ Profile or Page where you want to display the ad post.
If you do not see this option, it is because you do not have 1,000 followers yet!
- Choose the option to keep the post that is selected or pick a different post from that Profile or Page to feature. Choosing a post that received significant engagement helps increase the likelihood of a successful ad. Posts that include calls to action tend to be effective as well.
- If you decide to select a different post, choose from the list of posts provided in the pop up window.
- Choose whether or not you wish to show ‘comments’ from visitors.
- Choose the size you wish for your ad from the options provided.
- Select ‘Review and finish’ when all the details are chosen. Or you can click cancel if you wish to start over.
- Choose to ‘save ads’ or ‘skip’ ad creation.
- Select how you wish the ad to appear from the Preview page. You can leave all of the size options selected, which increases the chance of the ad appearing on more websites. Or you can deselect the sizes you do not wish to use. Click ‘done’ once you have made your selections.
- Revisit the ad home screen to the newly created ads ‘under review’. The list of ads shows the size of the ad, the campaign type (i.e. Display Network only), the campaign subtype (i.e. engagement), as well as the status of the ad.
- Your ‘Plus Post Ad’ will begin to appear once Google has reviewed and approved your ad.