Advertising on Amazon can be daunting.
Sure, ads help get your page off the ground, but how can you be expected to keep up with all the new ad features and manage your product inventory at the same time?
Luckily, our team has done all the heavy lifting for you.
In this Amazon marketing webinar, Ignite Visibility CEO John Lincoln will be chatting with Director of Amazon Marketplace Jenny Silva and Senior Amazon Strategist Samantha Blush about Amazon’s newest advertising tool—Sponsored Display.
What We’ll Cover:
What are Sponsored Display Ads?
In November 2019, Amazon officially launched Sponsored Display Ads (formerly known as Product Display Ads), which allows sellers and agencies to expand their reach and engage relevant audiences.
But, what exactly makes this Amazon marketing solution different?
Unlike other Amazon Seller Central offerings, with Sponsored Display Ads, sellers are able to increase their discoverability and reach both on and off Amazon.
Plus, you can choose from 3 different targeting options:
Product targeting can help advertisers promote their products among audiences who are already browsing their items or similar products and categories.
The ads will appear on Amazon on product detail pages or shopping results and are only eligible for vendors or sellers who are enrolled in the Amazon Brand Registry.
Audiences: Views Remarketing
If your goal is to remarket to high-intent audiences, views enable you to reengage with users who have already viewed your product’s detail page or similar products or categories.
The ads will be displayed on the Amazon home page, product detail pages, shopping results pages, or off Amazon on other third-party websites and apps (with the exception of India and Japan).
Like product targeting, vendors and sellers enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry are eligible to run these types of ads.
Interest targeting is a great way to target audiences who have browsed or visited the detail page of products that fall within a specific interest segment.
These types of ads can be found on product detail pages or on shopping results pages.
However, unlike the other targeting options, only vendors can utilize this method.
Why You Should Leverage Sponsored Display Ads
The purpose of advertising is to boost brand awareness, outperform competitors, and generate revenue. Sponsored Display Ads can target customers in a way that fulfills all of these goals instead of just one with its unique targeting capabilities.
With that being said, in this free webinar, we’ve listed a few reasons why you should be leveraging Sponsored Display Ads in your Amazon marketing strategy:
- Introduction to Sponsored Display Advertising—What better way to get your feet wet with a new ad type than by testing out your campaigns and making adjustments before running through your entire budget?
- Simple and easy-to-use—All the ad information is pulled in directly from your detail page (title, hero image, review count, etc.). All you have to do is outline your budget and set a time frame and Amazon will take care of the rest.
- Does not require a large budget—Whether you’re a mid-sized business or a startup with little resources, the minimum ad spend is $10 for Sponsored Display. That means you can grow your budget as you start to see success. No major investment is necessary!
- Amazon generates ad creative—There’s no additional creative needed from your end, making it easier for individual campaigns to be launched quickly.
- Gain access to off-Amazon targeting—This includes a wide range of different websites and helps you better differentiate your ads.
- Ability to show up on Amazon’s homepage—This is the most coveted position out there and one you wouldn’t be able to get access to with any of Amazon’s other ad types.
Sponsored Display Ad Logistics
Here are a few key things to keep in mind before setting up your Display Ad:
- Only a brand that’s registered as a seller and vendor is qualified
- Eligible countries include US, CA, DE, ES, RE, IT, UK, UAE, IN, JP
- The product must be in stock
- The product must have the Amazon buy box
Setting Up a Sponsored Display Ad
It only takes a few clicks to have your ads up and running. This is what you need to do to get started:
- Determine your targeting strategy (product or audience)
- Set your bid level and daily budget
- Select a product to promote or audience to target
- Amazon will automatically populate your ad creative
- PDP image, price, any deals, and a “Shop Now” button are combined for the ad
- Once launched and approved, your ad will begin serving
What Happens After You Launch Your Sponsored Display?
Now, that you’ve set up a sponsored display ad, it’s time to sit back and let the campaigns run for 1-2 weeks before making any major tweaks. During this period, you’ll want to take note of the following:
- Utilize the Advertised Product Report to gauge product-level performance
- Negatively target underperforming targets for Product Targeting SDs
- Sponsored Display Target Report shows which targets your products bid and converted on
- Use the SD Purchased Product Report to get insight into Brand Halo sales
Sponsored Display Pro Tips
Follow these best practices to get the most out of your Amazon Sponsored Display campaigns:
- Understand the difference between product targeting vs. retargeting results
- Utilize cross-selling to protect real estate
- Target more expensive ASINs or those with lower ratings in competitive product targeting SDs
- Feature new ASINs on bestseller pages to help them gain traction
Introduction to Amazon DSP
The reason Amazon DSP is included in this Amazon marketing webinar is because it is becoming one of the biggest opportunities on the platform for sellers to grow their businesses. Here’s why:
- Amazon DSP is Amazon’s Demand-Side Platform
- Allows advertisers to purchase a programmatic ad and video placements
- Must work with Amazon directly or an ESS (enterprise self-service agency)
There are 3 main targeting types for Amazon DSP:
These ads will show on Amazon as well as on Amazon owned-and-operated websites.
Amazon’s A10 Organic Rank Algorithm
Although Amazon’s A10 algorithm is similar to the A9 algorithm, its A10 algorithm aims to make search results more relevant to searchers.
New A10 ranking factors include:
- Seller longevity
- Sales history
- Conversion rate
- Click-through rate
- Internal sales
- Off-site sales
- Organic sales
- PPC sales
The Perfect Amazon Setup
Ready to get the ball rolling on setting up your Product Display Ad on Amazon? Keep the following in mind to ensure you can get it right the first time:
- Optimized content
- Relevant backend keywords
- Above-the-fold images and video
- Detailed A+ content
- Custom-built storefront
Amazon Search Advertising
- Strong ad mix (utilize all 3 ad types)
- W2A and Amazon Attribution
Amazon Display Advertising
- Re-engage with retargeting
- Find new consumers with in-market and lifestyle
Amazon advertising is a complex system, and the company is continuing to reinforce its ad options to draw in more brands and more marketers.
Be sure to use the strategies and tactics we covered in our free webinar to maximize your potential for success.
The Amazon marketing experts at Ignite Visibility will help you stay on top of your game!