Have you tried selling your Amazon products with A+ content yet? If not, then now is the time to do so.
Why? Because A+ content gives you a competitive advantage over other vendors on the Amazon e-commerce platform.
With A+ content, you get the opportunity to use additional images, more creative copy, and even comparison charts to convince customers that your product is the best in its class.
What You’ll Learn:
In fact, according to Amazon, A+ content can drive up sales between 3 and 10%. That’s in addition to the hidden value of giving your brand increased recognition with the superior marketing.
Here’s what you need to know about Amazon A+ content.
What is Amazon A+ Content?
You’re either reading this article because you just started as a seller on Amazon or you’re thinking to become on. In whichever case, you may be asking yourself, “What is Amazon A+ content?”
Amazon A+ content gives brand owners the chance to tell their brand story with enhanced content, images and even videos. This gives your buyers and potential buyers an overall enriched experience that helps drive conversions and traffic to your listings. Amazon A+ content, when done correctly, will give your buyers all the features, benefits and brand awareness they need to help their decision in buying from you!
First, You Need to Be Registered with Amazon’s Brand Registry
By default, your product pages aren’t enabled with Amazon A+ content. You’ll need to sign up for it if you want to add it to your product ASINS.
Fortunately, that’s easy to do and as of July 2019, Amazon A+ content is available for both sellers and vendors who must be brand registered. Amazon Vendors, however, can opt for a premium, invitation-only version that offers interactive features and video options.
Once you’re registered, you can up to 15 ASINs per month with A+ content, so long as they are part of your approved brand catalog.
How to Get Started With A+ Content
If you’re ready to get started with A+ content for one or more of your products, just follow the steps below.
- Log on to your Seller Central.
- Hover your mouse over “Advertising” in the top bar menu. Select “A+ Content Manager” from the dropdown.
- Select whether you want “Self-service modules” or “Amazon builds for you.” Because the “Amazon builds” option is pretty expensive, we’ll go with the “Self service modules” option here.
- You should see a page that gives you the option to enter an ASIN in the left-hand sidebar. Enter the ASIN of the product you’ve select for A+ content.
- In the middle of the same page, you should see a large field where you’re asked to enter a project name. Simply type in a descriptive name of your “project” in that field.
- Click on “Continue.”
- The next page gives you the opportunity to build your layout style. This is where you draw on your marketing knowledge as you drag and drop different elements to the design page. You have 12 module types to choose from so feel free to experiment with different options and see which one works best.
- Once you’ve got the layout you like, click “Continue.”
- Next, you’ll need to upload your images and content. Remember, you’re trying to convince customers to buy your product so you only want to upload the highest quality images. Also, make sure that your copy follows good rules of marketing (e.g., emphasize the benefits and not the features).
- Once you’ve uploaded all your images and content, click on the “Preview” button in the lower, right-hand side of the screen. You’ll then get an opportunity to see exactly what a customer will see when looking at your A+ content. This is where you should ask yourself: “Would I buy this product if I saw this detail page?” If the answer is “no,” then it’s time to go back to the drawing board.
- On the other hand, if you’re happy with what you’ve produced, then you’re done.
5 Examples of Amazon A+ Content for Inspiration
This is an example of Premium A+ content, which as mentioned earlier, is only available to select Vendors. It comes at a hefty price, but as you can see, the multimedia features it can utilize, make for an extremely new Amazon shopping experience
Tree of Life Skin Care
A+ content as a vendor. Depending on your industry, you’ll know what marketing tactics work best for your products. In this beauty brand’s example, you can see that they really utilize content to highlight their brand’s products.
Instant Pot Multi-Cooker
Instant Pot’s A+ content is also created through Seller Central. This is a great example of how to use Amazon A+ content to show product features in detail and really sell a product visually to buyers.
OlarHike Outdoor Backpacks
Amazon Seller A+ Content
Amazon A+ Content as a Seller.
Amazon A+ Content FAQs
1. Is Amazon A+ content free?
Yes! Amazon A+ Content is free to use for Amazon vendors and sellers. However, if you are an Amazon vendor, you may choose to upgrade to Premium A+ content, upon meeting the invite-only requirements.
2. How do I add a video to Amazon A+ content?
To add a video into your Amazon A+ content, you need to be an Amazon vendor using the Premium A+ feature. You can, however, add a video in your image thumbnails of the product listing, by logging into seller central, going to the EBC category under the Advertising tab, add the SKU you’d like to add a video to and follow the onscreen prompts to upload a video. This video will show up as the last thumbnail of your product images.
Congratulations on creating your first Amazon A+ detail page!
Now, it’s time to experiment — have fun with it and do some A/B testing to see what buyers are responding to and what’s converting. The goal is to boost sales and get the upper-hand with your competitors. Grab your shoppers’ attention, don’t over-clutter it, and bring your products to the limelight!