Twitter Vine is an interesting concept. Basically, it is a service created by Twitter that allows you to upload and share 6 second looping videos.
What is the Deal with Twitter Vine?
At first this was a startlingly idea to Ignite Visibility. But after about 6 seconds we got it. This is the new video version of Twitter. Short bursts of video that play seamlessly in the Twitter interface. What is not to love!
Example Twitter Video Upload
Here we see an example upload.
Will Twitter Vine Catch On?
We strongly believe that Twitter Vine is going to catch on fast. This new way to share video on Twitter is simple, fast, effective and impactful. These are the exact type of online initiatives that do well. And with the backing of social media powerhouse Twitter behind them, there is almost no way they can fail.
To us this is the new Instagram of video. While this is the case, Twitter will need to consider a few things. Here are some Internet marketing considerations.
1. What is their SEO strategy with these videos? Is there any way to get them in the Google index?
2. How will they surface these videos in Twitter search?
3. How will they deal with adult content in these videos? Apparently this has already become an issue, especially because the videos show up right in the Twitter steam.
4. How will they categorize these videos in the website navigation? Can they create a hierarchy so that users can watch certain videos?
5. Will they consider modifying hash tags so they are content specific?
But what do you think? Comment below on Twitter Vine!