Matt Cutt’s Gives Tips for Google News Sites SEO
Optimizing for Google news is different than optimizing for the regular Google search space. We at Ignite Visibility have done a ton of Google news search engine optimization and have seen a high-level of success.
You can think of the different SEO segments like this.
- Standard web search engine optimization
- Google news optimization
- Google video optimization
- Google image optimization
- Google shopping optimization
- Google local optimization
Great tips for Google news sites SEO directly reflect the level of success the optimization campaign has. Because of this, Matt Cutts from Google recently created a video on the topic. In this video, Matt talks about some of the basics regarding Google news SEO. He mentions things like.
- With Google news, you should update only one page per story for better Google news results
- If you are going to be writing multiple stories make sure to link the pages together
- Read and implement all Google news documentation (easier said than done! :))
- Use authorship to show others who wrote it