Want to learn about AMP?
The AMP project has websites everywhere scrambling to abide. By being AMP ready, your website has many advantages over the rest. But there are some things to watch out for as well.
Learn About Accelerated Mobile Pages Now
What is AMP?
- Publishers and technology companies coming together to improve the mobile experience
- Pages load faster and use a different coding language
- Faster pages
- Lower bounce rates
- Larger distribution on websites, social media sites and apps
- Goal, a more common technical platform
- It is opensource, so many people contribute
- Third parties can crawl your site and display your information
- The pages are very simple
- There are large technical requirements
- Very limited design abilities
- It is still very new
- Mis-configuration errors are showing in Google
Types of Content
- Started with news and blogs
- Now you can do AMP for E-Commerce
- Not all pages need to be AMP ready
- You can start with your blog and then move on from there
- Make sure to check if there is a plugin (WordPress, Drupal and Magento have plugins)
- You can see if pages are AMP ready by going to example.com/amp/
The AMP project has been widely adopted by publishers around the world. With large websites like Google backing the project, there are many good reasons to get involved. Have a question or comment about AMP? Leave it below!