This is by far the biggest infographic online regarding ways to repurpose your old content.
It was a passion project and I had the pleasure of working on it with another industry expert.
Whether it means taking an old blog and turning it into an infographic, or converting an old webinar into a Youtube video, we will walk you through the entire process.
This infographic will teach you to reuse old content, reach new audiences, drive more traffic and squeeze out more revenue.
Breathe new life into your “rockstar” content by repurposing today! Learn how below.
Embed 92 of Ways to Repurpose Old Content on Your Site: Copy and Paste the Code Below
Every piece of content you create should have multiple lives. Keep your content working hard for you by repurposing it in these creative ways.
Text Based Content
No matter what type of content you are starting with, there are many types of text based content that you can transfer it into. A podcast, presentation or email newsletter can easily be repurposed and shared in the following ways.
Ways to Transform Text-Based Content
- Blog posts: Review your old blog content and other written content to find great articles and posts that just need a refresh—maybe updated information, statistics, a revised headline, or a better image.
- Press releasesGuest blogs: Guest blogging lets you repurpose old content and build authority along with your audience. See this post for the best guest blogging options for marketers.
- News site articles/posts
- White papers: A white paper is basically a more formal, well-designed .pdf version of a detailed how-to blog post that can be downloaded from your site.
Places To Post New Versions of Text-Based Content
- Industry-Specific Sites
- LinkedIn Stories
- Facebook Instant Articles
- Huffington Post New Beta (Anyone Can Post)
Whether you start with a blog, a video or an interview, you can turn any subject into one or more images. Images have excellent sharing potential as well.
Ways to Transform Image-Based Content
- Infographic: Design a basic layout and outline of your written content before you hire a designer to give the process some direction.
- Interactive Image Asking a Question On the Topic: Post these on social media to boost engagement.
- Take Out Quotes and Turn Into Little Images: These are also great on social media and on image content hosting sites.
- Pinterest Boards: Use a Pinterest board with keywords and tags as another place to keep useful visual content.
Places to Share Image-Based Content
Slide Based Content
Don’t let your old presentations die. They can be reused. And those old blogs and videos you have, they can make great presentations.
Place one key point with a supporting detail or two on each slide based on the headings and subheadings in your post. Upload your new presentation to SlideShare, Slideworld, and slideboom. You can also add email optins directly in your slides.
Audio Based Content
Sometimes your audience might not have time to stop and watch a video, so give them audio-only options.
Ways to Transform Audio Content
- Audio Explainers: These are quick sound bites that take a news story or how-to and explain it in a fast and interesting audio clip.
- Podcasts: Podcasts are recorded shows your audience can listen to in the car, at work, at the gym, almost anywhere. Hire a voice actor on VoiceBunny or Fiverr who can record themselves reading your content.
- Snappy Reviews: These are short audio clips in which you review something, like a product or tool or attraction.
Places to Share Audio Content
Submit your audio content to these databases:
|Blog Talk Radio||Audio Archive||Apple iTunes Podcasts||Digital Podcast||Libsyn|
|PodBean||Public Radio Exchange||Stitcher||Simplecast||PodOMatic|
Video Based Content
It’s a fact: video sells and gets more leads.
Ways to Transform Video Content
- Videos: Avoid harsh fluorescent lighting in favor of natural that is diffused around you. Write a short script and practice it before recording. Remember to recycle your webinars into video tutorials, too.
- Videographic/Instructographic: Turn your infographics or blog posts into videographics, how-to animated videos that are stylistically similar to infographics.
Places to Share Video Content
Submit your videos and videographics to:
Pinterest (for videographics/instructographics specifically)
Email Based Content
Both posts in series and longer, in-depth pieces of content are ideal for transforming into email series you can use to collect new subscribers, generate new revenue streams, or create interest in giveaways or other promotions. You could turn a blog post on repurposing old content into an email series on the same subject with each email installment taking on one kind of content.
Social Media Based Content
Almost any form of content works on at least some social media platforms. Here are some quick repurposing tips for social media:
- Take some of your best quotes from posts and articles and use them as Tweets
- Use pieces of data to create images and memes for social media
- Select pieces of old content to use to introduce curated content; post and share recent articles from you or someone else, and introduce the post with bits of your older content
Use tools like BuzzSumo or hashtags on Twitter to find great content on a specific topic. Filter out anything that isn’t high-quality, and arrange it what’s left so it’s organized. Publish it with clear attributions.
Places To Post Aggregated Content Collections
- Your site
- Industry Specific Sites
- In forums like Quora in response to questions
Print Based Content
If you’ve created a large amount of content, turn it into print based resources like ebooks for reuse.
Your ebooks can be published easily on the major direct self-publishing sites:
Presentation Based Content
Breathe life into those old presentations with ease.
Ways to Transform Presentation Based Content
- Webinars: Slideshow + video or audio + live event hosting = webinar. Take your written content and use it to create slides, a script to present with, and host a live online event.
- Videos: A presentation can be turned into a useful tutorial with the addition of a simple audio track.
Places to share presentation based content