2013 was a big year for social media with programs like Snapchat, Vine and more! And for 2014, it isn’t just a trend ready to disappear— in fact, it’s starting the year with a bang and becoming an essential part of business’ strategies and people’s everyday lives! Check out these 9 Mind-Blowing Social Media Facts to take into consideration when planning your New Year marketing strategy!
1. 60% of Google+ Users login at least once a day!
Since Google+ has become fully integrated with Google and YouTube, it’s no surprise that usage has been growing! It’s also an essential part of growing a business’ SEO.
2. 91% of mobile Internet access is for social activities
Accessibility and convenience is huge these days. With fun apps such as Instagram and Snapchat, everyone is flocking to mobile.
3. Around 46% of web users will look towards social media when making a purchase.
Whether it’s a restaurant review on Yelp, or a friend posts a product they love on Facebook, these help influence and engage users.
4. Images on Pinterest with multiple bright colors are 3.25 times more likely to get a repin
Pictures can say a thousand words and a colorful image can definitely grab someone’s attention when sifting through this photo-laden social media.
5. 2 new members join Linkedin every second
Linkedin is the largest professional social network. Employers are now commonly turning to Linkedin to scope out potential candidates and post job, making it a hot spot for the professional community.
6. On Google+ animated GIFs are the most engaging type of post
The best GIFs are the funny ones! Google+ ingeniously allows GIFs to play automatically without the users even clicking anything, generating more views and interest!
7. There are 1.15 Billion Total users on Facebook, which is almost as big as China’s population (1.3 billion). Although they are losing the younger population, Facebook continues to grow with the 45-54 year age group. Facebook isn’t going anywhere!
8. 1 Billion users tune into YouTube every Month
YouTube continues to dominate on computers and mobile phones. It reaches the coveted 18-34 year old demographic more than any cable network.
9. 20 million of the 500+ million Twitter Accounts are fake
Don’t discount Twitter though! There are 288 million monthly active users and the fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55-64 year age bracket.