Ultimate Guide to Infographic Distribution
You’ve got a striking infographic design that’s ready to be shared on the internet. Infographics are a plum opportunity for a boost in exposure because they’re aesthetically appealing, fun to read and provide easily digestible information. However, it would be a waste of that infographic if you slap it on the website without promotion. What are the next steps for its distribution to get the most visibility? Follow these tips and strategy ideas to get the most views for your infographic.
Getting the Infographic Live
Set up your infographic correctly on your website to get more views.
- Add the infographic to a web page.
- Add the copy below the infographic so that Google can crawl the text.
- Add your internal links in the copy.
- Add the social icons for visitors to easily share.
- Should have a HTML embed code, which contains a link to the website so when someone copies that code, they automatically include a link back to the source.
Ensure your infographic’s success by sharing it in the right outlets.
- Share your infographic on your social media pages, especially Pinterest. Make sure to share the link, not just the image as this will bring more website traffic.
- Use social adverting such as Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, StumbleUpon and Reddit to give it a little boost on the social sphere.
- Share the infographic in an email blast.
- If this infographic is a huge deal and exciting, do a press release.
- Add infographic distribution websites, such as Visual.ly, Slideshare, and more! These sites will take your infographic’s views to the next level, but may cost an additional fee.
- Outreach (See below)
Some light outreach can also help further your infographic’s visibility and give a little more authority to your site if the page ranks well. Reach out to a specific website, person or organization that’s relevant to the infographic. Let them know how awesome your business is via:
- Bloggers that may be interested in the data it provides
- Twitter – Influencer outreach (Buzzsumo)
- 1 to 1 Email – If applicable, send them an email mentioning them specifically.
With these foundational and promotional tips, your infographic will definitely benefit and acquire more exposure!