With social media constantly changing, Pinterest has been dominating the social media scene with its engaging and lively photos.
The numbers for Pinterest are staggering. It is now used by more than 1 in 5 U.S. adults (21%), as well as a full third of U.S. women. Additionally, the average Pinterest user has a household income of over $100,000.
Pinterest is an exciting branch for B to C’s and eCommerce businesses. If you’re not on it, it’s essential that you jump on! Here are some tips to make your business thrive on Pinterest.
When You’re Starting Out
- Post frequently and post often. The more, the better!
- Make sure your information is filled out thoroughly with the about, website and social media.
- Come up with fun and unique board names.
- Pin photos, videos, blogs and more!
- Popular Pins:
- It is essential to use enticing photos. The prettier the better!
- Tag fellow Pinners by using “@username” in the image’s descriptions.
- A strong way to engage people is commenting or ‘liking’ their pins
- Re-pin other people’s content to represent the lifestyle of your brand
- Write concise descriptions. Treat it like a caption and use some hashtags.
When You’ve Gotten into the Swing of Pinterest
- You can find out who’s pinning your items by entering http://pinterest.com/source/yoursitehere. Example: http://www.pinterest.com/source/devignitetrans.wpengine.com/
- Infuse keywords in your pin’s descriptions, this will make it easier for users to find the pin in searches
- Add contributors to your boards.
- Install a Pin It! button to the footer of each of your blog posts so it can easily be shared by your readers.
- Watch for trends and implement that into your content strategy.
- Pinterest is rolling out their Promoted Pins for bigger brands and smaller brands in the future!
What Pinterest strategies have you employed that work for your brand?