With millions of websites out there, it’s tough to get your blog seen by the right audience. Employ some of these easy tactics to help drive fresh traffic to your website.
- Good Topics- Have a brainstorming session for interesting ideas
- Be Relevant – Keep the content to what interests your audience
- Be Fun – Have your tone be fun and friendly
- Less is More – Keep the content light
- Mix Up the Content – Write about other topics related to your industry
- Use Lots of Picture – The more pictures, the better
- Post Often – At least once a week! This also helps with SEO!
Use Social Media
Highlight your work through social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and more! To bump up the visibility, you can also turn to Facebook Ads or Twitter Ads.
Content is SEO Friendly
Use Google Keyword Planner to get a good idea for some of the keywords you rank for. In WordPress, you can install plugins such as Yoast in order to fill out the title tag and meta description.
See if you can get your blog placed on another high-ranking blog. Alternatively, perform reverse guest blog and have an authority figure blog for you!
Allow for Comments
While comments can be sometimes spammy, having comments on your blog can be a good method for generating conversation. Comment on other blogs that are related to your industry. Platforms such as Worpress, offer the option to pre-approve comments.
Be An Authority
Make yourself well-known in the industry. Harness your social media networks (especially Linkedin), blog frequently, and even work with other industry-related individuals.