This content comes directly from the Ignite Visibility email newsletter. Subscribe now to get updates every Thursday.
Big SEO news this week. Google began displaying up to four ads above organic desktop search results and removed the ads on the right-hand side. This has all kinds of implications. It could mean that Google ads will be more expensive and it could mean less clicks for organic. But honestly, we really don’t know the full impact this will have just yet. We need data first. Read about this update here on Search Engine Land.
Also, Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) are now live in mobile search results. Websites everywhere (especially publishers) are trying to get their sites AMP ready fast.
In other news, Instagram now has more advertisers than Twitter (that was fast), Facebook launches reactions (which is basically just emoticons) and Google Analytics launches autotrack for analytics.js (aka Universal Analytics) to make it easier for marketers to get more out of Google Analytics without having to go through a big customization learning curve. Admittedly, you kind of have to be an analytics nerd to get autotrack.
Wait there is more! This week I was on the Platform Giant podcast (listen to my interview to learn all about becoming a digital influencer) and I wrote a ton of articles. Here they are.
- 3 Traits the Strongest Online Entrepreneurs All Share – Inc. Magazine
- The 3 Biggest Factors to Becoming a Digital Influencer – Ignite Visibility
- SEO Content Marketing from A to Z, A Checklist to Drive Revenue – Ignite Visibility
- Ignite Visibility SEO Starter Guide Updated to Account for Mobile, AMP and HTTPS – Ignite Visibility
- 26 Reasons your Content Marketing is Hurting your SEO – Ignite Visibility
Quote of the Week
“It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” Tony Robbins
Seize the day everyone!
Wishing you the best,