Authorship can help your SEO. It increases CTR, can help build backlinks and overall establish credibility. But you can’t get all of these benefits unless you hook it up! In this blog, we walk you through setting up Google + authorship for your website. Full disclaimer, I took these steps straight from Google.
- Sign up for Google+ and create a Google+ profile.
- Make sure you have a profile photo with a recognizable headshot.
- Make sure a byline containing your name appears on each page of your content (for example, “By Steven Levy”).
- Make sure your byline name matches the name on your Google+ profile.
- Verify you have an email address (such as firstname.lastname@example.org) on the same domain as your content. (Don’t have an email address on the same domain? Use this method to link your content to your Google+ profile)
- Return to this page and enter your email address (https://plus.google.com/authorship).
Now you know how to verify Google + authorship on your website. If you still need help, contact us today.